Key objectives of the event are:
• to provide an effective communication platform,
• to update the audience on trends regarding flexible and new mechanisms, and
• to inform the participants of new project opportunities.
• Workshop: 2-3 February 2012
• Optional Site visit: 1 February 2012 (afternoon)
Kommunalkredit Public Consulting, Tuerkenstrasse 9, 1092 Vienna, Austria
Contact and further information
This event is designed as a carbon neutral event. Carbon emissions arising from air travel of our speakers will be compensated through Climate Austria. Participants are kindly invited to follow this initiative: www.climateaustria.at
Key topics 2012:
• Results and implications of COP 17 in Durban
• Roadmap 2050 and the role of offsetting in Europe post-2012
• Tracking progress on low-carbon initiatives
• Carbon markets: developments and trends
Carbon market survey
Participants will be invited to a quick survey (2 minutes) on topics related to the future of carbon markets. Results of this survey will be presented at the event.
1. Workshop Programme
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
14-18h (optional) Site visit: Reducing emissions through renewable energy:
Hydropower Plant Freudenau | Verbund
Day 1: Thursday, 2 February 2012
Session I: COP 17 Durban: stepping stone towards a comprehensive agreement?
Session II: Roadmap 2050 and the role of offsetting in Europe post-2012
Session III: Tracking progress on low-carbon initiatives
* Part 1: Policy development to drive low-carbon initiatives
* Part 2: Low-carbon initiatives in practice
Day 2: Friday, 3 February 2012
Session IV: Austrian JI/CDM Programme: update & outlook
Session V: Carbon Markets: current developments and future trends
2. Participation and Registration
• Registration and Payment procedure
Places are limited. For registration please remit a completed registration form and pay the workshop fee simultaneously to the following account:
Account name: Kommunalkredit Public Consulting GmbH
Account number: 96.051.049
Bank name: BAWAG PSK
Bank number: 60000
For international remittances:
Make sure that you state the name of the participating person on the remittance.
Notice that you are only registered after receipt of our invoice. We will send you the invoice as soon as your amount was credited to our account.
• Cancellation policy
Cancellations are only possible if made at least 14 days prior to the workshop (15 January 2012).
• Visa invitation letter
Please check with the local Austrian Embassy or High Commission in your country for specific visa requirements. Related costs have to be born by the participant. In order to receive an official invitation letter you have to submit
* a copy of your passport,
* a completed form of Participant Details,
* payment confirmation of workshop fee,
* your Curriculum Vitae and
* a 2-page motivation letter in English highlighting your experience in the Carbon Market.
Invitation letters will be sent only on request and after receipt of registration fee and all mentioned documents.
Please notice that the registration fee must have been credited to our account until 30 November 2011 in order to arrange an official invitation letter. No exceptions are made.