"Are you fully informed of your compliance obligations and the current and future implications of EU ETS for your business?
Presenting SMi’s One-Day Conference on…
This event will be an invaluable update on the progress of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) since its launch. It will look at policy and legislation in the UK and internationally, and will assess the effectiveness and progress of this scheme to date. Hear companies' first-hand experiences of trading in this new market and how the EU ETS is affecting industrial competitiveness and power prices. This conference aims to provide an unparalleled source of information on emissions trading and will create excellent networking opportunities.
Benefits of Attending
• Hear the latest policy and legislative updates relating to emissions trading and climate change in a global context – from Kyoto to the future
• Discover the new opportunities this market is creating for the financial and services sectors and how you can be involved
• Learn about the financial impact of the EU ETS on the business community – issues of prices, risk and competitiveness
• Practical guidance on how to meet the challenge of monitoring, reporting and verifying for phase II
• Meet and network with the key public and private sector professionals in this industry and benefit from their experiences
A unique opportunity to learn from leading industry experts including:
Martin Nesbit, Head of National Climate Change Policy Division, Defra
Peter Zapfel, Head of EU ETS, European Commission
Andrei Marcu, President, International Emissions Trading Association (IETA)
Dr Nick Campbell, Chairman, UNICE Climate Change Working Group
Matthew Gorman, Corporate Responsibility Manager, BAA
Dr Anne-Marie Warris, Vice Chairman/Global Product Manager, ETG/LRQA
Simon Skillings, Director of UK Strategy & Energy Policy, E.ON UK
Anthony Hobley, Chairman/Director of Legal Policy, London Climate Change Services (LCCS)/Climate Change Capital
Paul Dawson, Director, Barclays Capital
Paul Gardiner, Purchasing Business Manager, British sugar
Ruta Bubniene, Policy Officer, Climate Action Network Europe"