Key benefits of attending:
• Keynote speaker – Hon. Eileen Claussen, President, Pew Center on Global Climate Change who will address climate policy under the Obama administration including an overview of proposed regulations and their implications for carbon markets.
• Highly interactive format – full of panel sessions including discussions on:
– Preparing for a federal cap-and-trade system
– Trading in voluntary markets
– Regional carbon trading systems: RGGI, AB32, Midwestern Green Gas Reduction Accord, Western Climate Initiative
– Global climate policy debate: preparing for the post-2012 world and discussing the US's potential role
– CDM implementation challenges
– Forestry and agriculture projects in the US carbon market
– Private equity and VC trends in cleantech and clean energy project financing
• Packed agenda – as well as the panel sessions there will be presentations on:
– The impact of the global credit crisis on the carbon finance landscape
– The transition from voluntary to mandatory markets
– Putting a price on carbon: analyzing pricing trends in current carbon markets and what this could mean for a federal US trading system
– Assessing the potential for a NAFTA cap-and-trade system between the US, Canada and Mexico
– Preparing for the new carbon-restrained regime
– The “whats, how and watch-outs” of verifying carbon offsets
• 30+ industry experts – who will update you on all the issues important to you and your business
• Workshop – attend the Introduction to Emissions Trading workshop on June 10 at special reduced rates.
• Superb networking opportunities – meet and do business with the key players and decision makers in the US carbon markets.