A One-Track Mind: DC Doha Debrief
Overview of the event: Forest Trends’ Ecosystem Marketplace, McGuireWoods LLP and the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) are again hosting the DC Doha Debrief – a panel event exploring post-COP18 scenarios for new market mechanisms, climate finance, REDD+ and private sector market engagement.
IETA’s President and CEO Dirk Forrister will headline a panel of DC-metro area experts who attended or closely tracked the UNFCCC’s 18th Conference of Parties – and will describe their expectations for the 2013 marketplace through this lens. The panel will be followed by a cocktail reception hosted by law firm McGuireWoods LLP.
Topics: Now that the UNFCCC climate negotiations train is traveling on a single track, talks leave the station in 2013 with a handful of strides in tow – while pushing several key decisions further down the line. This second annual exclusive debrief for DC’s dedicated carbon wonks will examine 2013 prospects for new market mechanisms, climate finance, REDD+ and private sector engagement in light of COP18 outcomes.
• Dirk Forrister, Chief Executive, International Emissions Trading Association
• Bob Dixon, GEF Team Leader, Climate Change and Chemicals
• Paul Bodnar, Office of Global Climate Change, US Department of State
• Katherine Blue, Managing Director, Climate Change & Sustainability at KPMG
• Zubair Zakir, Global Carbon Director at The CarbonNeutral Company; Chair, CMIA voluntary markets working group
Moderator: Kate Hamilton, Director, Ecosystem Marketplace
When: January 23rd, 2013; Panel from 4:30-5:45PM; Reception to follow
Where: Washington, DC Offices of McGuireWoods LLP (2001 K Street N.W., Suite 400)
Who: Attendance by invitation only
Manager | Carbon Program | Ecosystem Marketplace
1050 Potomac Street NW, Washington DC 20007 USA
Office: (202) 298 3005 | Cell: (501) 413 7798 | Skype: molly.ps