Commodity markets for emissions and renewables are primed to take off in the next 12 months. New trading models for venture capital and hedge fund managers are forming, and the clean technology market is set to explode. From water to greenhouse gas, 2006 and 2007 will likely prove to be the year of the environmental trading market.
FRA's Environmental Trading Congress is a practical forum facilitating a productive exchange between industry leaders from the financial, agriculture, energy and utility markets. The conference will cover five primary trading instruments:
* Water quality trading
* Emissions trading including carbon, sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxide
* (NOx), and greenhouse gases (GHG)
* Renewable energy credit (REC) trading
* Demand response trading and energy efficiency trading
* Weather derivatives trading