Skill Level: Vice President
Markit Environmental is the global financial markets team within Markit. The environmental group provides “meta registry” and auction services to the environmental markets. The registry provides secure, robust, transparent and automated services for the listing and management of carbon and other environmental assets (including water and biodiversity). Markit Environmental Registry is approved to list the majority of internationally recognized carbon standards including Verified Carbon Standard (VCUs), Gold Standard, Social Carbon Credits (SCC), and Climate Community Biodiversity Alliance (CCB). Markit Environmental Auctions is an auction platform for the bids and offers on environmental assets.
- identifying, engaging and on boarding new customers
- managing existing account relationships
- new issuances, transfers and retirements (in volume) by customers for registry services
- developing market strategies and working with Product to create establish new business opportunities and communicate new Product needs for the marketplace
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Work with the registry sales team in building a sales and customer engagement strategy for the Canada, South America and US (based on overall Markit Environmental Business Plan). Accountability: Target customer list identified. Sales plan signed off by Manager.
- Implement the sales and strategic plan, building key relationships, and increasing revenues and market share accordingly. Accountability: Revenue growth. New customer acquisitions, issuances in volume, transfers and retirements made, use of in-house centralised CRM and sales reporting tools.
- Work with the registry team to build a cross regional marketing strategy (based on registry and auction marketing plan) for the European, American and Asia Pacific regions. Accountability: Marketing plan signed off by Manager.
- Assist in the implementation of the Markit Environmental registry and auction marketing and public relations. strategy. Accountability: increase brand awareness in the region (numbers of: public appearances and publications).
- Building and managing customer relationships with key clients. Accountability: satisfied customers and enhancing the reputation Markit customer service orientation, and increase in new customer participation.
- Bachelors degree required and graduate degree is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the carbon and environmental markets required
- Highly successful track record of sales with the ability to demonstrate year-on-year sales achievements, ideally in environmental or related industry
- Experience in high volume software sales is desirable
- Financial markets experience in trading and infrastructure acumen is ideal
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and ability to working in growth markets