Technical Expert, Turkey (Ankara, Turkey) – The Gold Standard
The Technical Expert will be a member of the Techincal Team. He/she will report to the Head – Certification Process and will work in close co-ordination with the Regional Manager for Turkey.
The Technical Expert will predominantly contribute to the Quality Assurance process with the review of project activities submitted to The Gold Standard for certification – pre-feasibility assessment, internal validation/verifications, registration and verification reviews (90% of time).
He/she will take part in the further development of The Gold Standard rules and procedures, the review and development of new Gold Standard methodologies for the voluntary market, capacity building activities requiring interation with project develpers and accredited auditors (10% of time).
- University degree in the field of engineering, science or related discipline; a Masters degree or PhD with a specialization in energy and/or environmental impact assessments is desirable
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work precisely and effectively under severe time constraints
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently, but also as part of an international team
- Fluent in English and Turkish language skill are essential
- Computer programming skills desirable
- 4 to 5 years of experience in the carbon market desirable, preferably in CDM/JI
Applications should email a cover letter, CV and earliest start date and salary expectation to Neha Rao at firstname.lastname@example.org.