Sales Manager (based in Zurich)
• Sale activities globally, including coordinating with the marketing team and with regional offices on the project side
• Acquisition of new customers for Voluntary Emission Reductions (VERs) offsetting
• Negotiating terms and contracts
• Engaging in marketing of South Pole’s projects, and communicating their sustainability benefits to potential buyers
Qualifications & Experience
• Strong successful sales background with ideally 1-2 year experience in the carbon markets
• Very good team skills, interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage work effectively and to prioritize tasks, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of voluntary markets and
• Strong negotiation skills and track records in structuring sales contracts
• Master degree in environmental studies, economics or engineering, preferably with a focus on Climate Policy/Carbon markets.
• A dynamic, hard-working mentality and a desire to be involved in a fast-paced international environment and be a commercial success.
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of German is a plus.
South Pole offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits / boni related to your qualifications, experience, and performance. If you are interested in joining a young and international team looking to make a difference to the world we would be happy to hear from you!
Please apply latest by August 2, 2011.
Please send your CV to Michael Tournier, Sales Director: email@example.com
Phone: +41 43 501 3550
Senior carbon consultant based in Zurich (or in another office)
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for:
· Strategic positioning of South Pole’s consulting practice
· Acquisition and management of consulting mandates
· Coordinating our global consulting activities / coaching regional directors on regional consulting mandates
Qualifications and experience
· A degree in (environmental) science/engineering, economics or other relevant field
· At least 4 years of work experience as a consultant (ideally in the field of carbon policy and strategy)
· In-depth experience in flexible market-mechanisms
· Experience authoring CDM methodologies
· Passionate about the future of carbon markets
· Excellent team leader in a multicultural environment
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
· Ability to manage own work effectively and prioritize tasks
· Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
South Pole offers performance related bonuses, excellent benefits and a competitive salary related to your qualifications and experience.
Please apply to Zoe Gehring: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +41 43 501 35 50