Located in London or the East Coast of the United States, the individual will work alongside the sourcing team to source supply of environmental instruments (carbon, renewable energy and other as relevant), to conduct due diligence and impact evaluation, manage supplier relationships, and work internally with business development teams to prepare portfolio solutions for existing clients and prospects.
- Conduct technical due diligence and impact evaluation on projects sourced
- Contributing to team technical due diligence process and assessment tools
- Create and contribute to project collateral and internal training
- Sourcing of emission reduction projects in coordination with sourcing director and colleagues
- Commercial deal structuring/negotiation through execution of agreements
- Be an internal subject matter expert, provide training internally to colleagues as appropriate and communicate with sales/marketing teams project features
- Other short and long term ad-hoc projects as required
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a postgraduate degree; with either post-grad or undergraduate degree in engineering, economics or environmental sciences
- Must have excellent written and spoken English
- Minimum of 3 years working within the carbon market or impact investing
- Strong knowledge of emission reduction project standards, technologies and policy
- Experience in a sourcing/origination role preferred
- Demonstrable capability to apply both quantitative and qualitative skills in understanding technical topics and communicating them in a simple manner for a broad set of audiences
- Attention to detail, communication and time management skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Zubair Zakir, Global Carbon Director, email@example.com (Suitable candidates only will be contacted).