World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Senior Program Officer for Climate Change Adaptation. Under the supervision of the Managing Director, plans, manages, communicates and implements activities to promote climate change adaptation and disaster risk management, including providing technical support to WWF US programs and WWF field offices to conduct vulnerability assessments and guidance on mainstreaming climate change and disaster risk considerations into conservation strategies.
- Leads vulnerability assessment workshops in WWF priority places using Flowing Forward methodology and provides follow-up support for adaptation activities where assessments have been conducted.
- Working collaboratively with the adaptation team, helps refine and pilot Flowing Forward and develops and provides training for staff and partners to use the methodology.
- With collaboratively with the adaptation team, provides input and guidance WWF’s work on adaptive institutions, including development of guidance materials to be disseminated globally.
- Represents WWF at global and regional conferences and other for a related to climate change adaptation and DRR.
- Provides technical support WWF US programs and to WWF field offices, with emphasis on Latin America.
- With other team members, develops materials for and delivers training on adaptation and DRR for staff and partners throughout the WWF Network, including WWF US.
- Develops funding proposals for adaptation and DRR work in WWF priority places. Initiates outreach to donors from corporate, non-profit, and governmental sectors. Creates reports for program donors.
- Provides updates and reports to Senior Director and other team members on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree + 6 years of experience, OR a Master’s degree + 2 years of experience is required
- Degree should be in a related field such as conservation, environmental policy and management, climate change, or international development.
- Work experience must be in program management or advisement and technical support, with emphasis on climate change adaptation, as well as an understanding of international conservation issues
- Experience conducting or participating in climate change vulnerability assessments
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong public speaking skills and workshop facilitation skills, excellent interpersonal skills; good team player
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage program budgets and produce reports
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and research skills
Submit a cover letter and resume to http://www.worldwildlife.org/careers, job # 14008. Open until filled.
Read more about the position here.