The Strategy Cluster of Ecofys works on analysis and strategic advice in four main areas: technology and innovation; energy and climate policy evaluation and design; energy market developments and climate change. The international cluster has a multidisciplinary staff carrying out projects for multiple clients including local, regional and (inter)national governments, the European Commission, multilateral organizations (UNFCCC, IEA) as well as corporate clients and NGOs.
As (Senior) Consultant you will be responsible for the acquisition and management of consultancy projects in the area of forestry policy in the context of international climate strategy, especially related to REDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation), as well as international climate policy in general. Recent projects of Ecofys on REDD include; support to the Ethiopian Government on development of a Readiness Preparation Proposal (R-PP) for the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility; Options paper on pooling and sequencing private and public funds for performance-based payments in REDD for the German Development Bank (kfw).
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
• A university degree in forestry or related field
• A minimum of 4 years working experience (best in research and/or consultancy on issues related forestry and REDD)
• Excellent project management skills and experience with managing projects
• In country experience on forestry projects is an asset
• Very good analytical skills
• Team player with independent working style
• Good communication, presentation as well as report writing skills
• Commercial attitude
• Flexible and able to keep deadlines also under pressure
• Willingness to travel
• Very good knowledge and command of oral and written English (and German), another language (Spanish, French, etc.) would be an asset
Working for Ecofys
With our deep know-how in energy-efficiency, renewable energy and climate change we develop smart policies and concepts and bring them to life. We are a pioneer in sustainable energy, energy-efficiency and climate change solutions for sustainable energy projects worldwide. We have over 220 employees in offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom and a worldwide network of specialists.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
For further information, please contact Sabine Feldmann, Human Resources Consultant, by phone +49 (0)
27070347. To apply, send your CV and covering letter with the subject “(Senior) Consultant International Forestry Expert ”, Focus: REDD+ to the HR-department firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.