Our Client is a specialist consultancy that provides energy and carbon management solutions to both public and private sector clients. Employing a talent rich, diverse and multicultural workforce they are driven by a strong, and genuine passion to take positive action on climate change.
Through their investment partners they are able to draw on addiitional capabilities and research to support their work and to increase their value proposition and competitive advantage. They provide solutions to help clients audit and asses operations, manage greenhouse gas emissions, satisfy regulatory requirements, develop and implement energy reduction projects and faciliate the transaction of carbon credits.
Due to strategic expansion and an ever increasing project pipeline they are looking to hire a Senior Associate level Consultant to provide high-quality and innovative energy, carbon and sustainability consultancy services.
You will have / be:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in energy management (either consulting or industry) with a working knowledge of national energy efficiency standards and complance legislation (NGERs / EEO)
- Ideally strong exposure to heavy industry such as Mining, Minerals, Metals, Energy, Chemical Process, Food.
- The ability to consult and operate in a fee for service enviroment where you will have multiple clients with multiple projects
- Project management experience – setting schedules, budgets, reports – buiilding and managing project teams.
- To work with the Regional Manager and have input into strategy
- Ability to source, develop and secure new business opportuniteis through client liaison and proposal submissions
- Strong research and report writing skills – ability to mentor others in these areas.
- Current knowledge of carbon, energy and climate change legislation, policy and developments both in Australia and internationally.
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline (Environmental Science / Engineering)
- Able to travel interstate (they have offices around Australia and are growing in each state)
- Trust, transparency, robust technical advice, confidence, honesty, practical approach, pragmatic advice and dynamic/organic consulting.
- They are serious about their work but look to do it with a smile on their face.
- Promote open discussions around issues and invite solutions.
- Excellent spectrum of work – and the fact that they have two distinct arms to the business which is quite unique.
- The Regional Manager likes the Team to be challenged, feel satisfied and feel that they have a diversity of experiences and professional development opportunities.