The Sales Consultant will allow the post-holder to have a key delivery role in a revenue- generation unit, contributing to the core funding activity of low-carbon development projects. The post-holder will also be able to work with high levels of autonomy and to have a strategic involvement in the unit’s delivery and direction.
The Sales Consultant will be key in continuing to develop, manage, and maximize the potential of partnerships and commercial relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
Secure carbon finance deals
- Create and expand a portfolio of private organization contacts based mainly in Europe (with some possible work in the US) to target for carbon offset purchases (VERs);
- Source, negotiate, contract and close deals on carbon offset sales including responding to requests for proposals and tender opportunities;
- Ensure that after-sale deliverables are completed and that client satisfaction levels are consistently high;
Deliver on Commercial Strategy
- Work with the Director to create and adapt client engagement and sales strategies;
- Develop new tools and services that are revenue-generating;
- Deliver on engagement services such as carbon footprinting and bespoke training;
- Promote Nexus funds to potential corporate
- Identify and deliver corporate responsibility and shared value collaboration opportunities with private sector companies while building ongoing commercial relations;
- Provide training for individual businesses or networks on an ad hoc
Report to Nexus’ members
- Support relationship-management with Nexus’ members, including providing feedback on ongoing sales, revenue-generating activity and investor relations;
- Provide assistance to members on technical issues, as part of Carbon Asset Management;
This role is best suited to an individual who is passionate about climate-friendly development, understands the current trends in Corporate Responsibility, carbon offsetting and climate change engagement and has a track record of relationship building and sales, preferably with direct experience with the voluntary carbon markets. This role will be building and maintaining relationships chiefly with European clients.
Key requirements are:
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in business development and sales;
- Degree in Business Administration, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development or related field; MBA or other relevant Master’s degree a plus;
- Proficient English speaker with excellent writing skills; French, German or other languages a plus;
- A significant network of corporate and other organisational contacts, with a focus on corporate sustainability and/or responsibility;
- Experience in corporate responsibility, environmental sustainability and business strategy;
- Experience in or knowledge of carbon finance, carbon markets and climate change;
- Knowledge and experience using CRM, preferably Salesforce;
- Excellent storyteller, networker and negotiator with different levels of stakeholders;
- High level of autonomy and able to multi-task and manage multiple
How to apply
Send your application (CV and Cover letter, stating your motivation and suitability to this role) to email@example.com with “Sales Consultant” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered as received. Deadline for applications is 7 December 2016, or until a suitable candidate is found. Applications will be considered in order of reception.
Nexus opens doors for development. We work with a diverse range of organizations that are improving people’s lives in the face of poverty and climate change. Nexus connects award-winning organizations with world-leading businesses and investors, inspiring change that maximizes sustainable development outcomes.
Nexus supports its staff on continuous learning and professional development, offering a robust in-house knowledge base on carbon finance, carbon footprinting, corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy.
Nexus has been consistently successful in providing carbon credits (VERs) from our members’ high quality projects to organizations interested in reducing their carbon footprints. Nexus also engages with investors looking to financing entrepreneurs’ sustainable energy solutions. Projects supported by Nexus create high environmental, social, and economic benefits.
|Position Profile||Sales, Business Development, Partnerships, Marketing, Corporate Sustainability, Carbon Markets, Climate Change, Investor relations|
|Unit||Corporate Partnerships and Communications|
|Direct supervisor||Director, Corporate Partnerships and Communications|
|Resource persons||Communications and Marketing Manager; Communications and Marketing Officer; Partnerships Manager; possible unit intern.|
|Duty station||This position is being recruited as home-based, headquartered in a European capital such as London, Berlin or Brussels; other locations will also be considered. Some travel required.|
|Term||Part or full-time consultancy position, starting with a one-year rolling contract.|
|Eligibility/ Visa||Candidate needs to be eligible to work in the European Union, with a self- employed or own-company status as appropriate to fiscal jurisdiction. Nexus cannot provide visas.|