The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut fí¼r Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) is one of the leading think tanks on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenges.
There is a job vacancy in department IV “Environmental Policy and Natural Resources Management” for a Researcher
Salary according to German public service tariff (TVÖD) up to € 60.000,00 depending on qualifications;
The position is from 01 December 2013 until 31 December 2014. In the project “Climate Change and Development” funded by BMZ, the person will work on the role of payments for ecosystem services and/or market-based mechanisms (such as REDD+, reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation) in the context of land-based adaption to climate change and/or mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions. The focus will be on developing countries.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master’s degree and strong academic record in economics, public policy, political science or human geography, preferably PhD;
- Proven knowledge in the fields of payments for ecosystem services, REDD+ and/or other market-based mechanism, preferably in the context of climate change;
- Knowledge on the role of land use, land use change and forestry in the international climate negotiations is of added advantage; Relevant scientific publications;
- Experiences with policy advice at national and international levels, with the acquisition of third party funding and teaching are of advantage;
- Relevant research or consulting experience in a development context is of ad-vantage;
- Willingness to work in teams;
- Fluent spoken and written English and basic knowledge of German, proficiency in another major international language is of advantage;
- Willingness and aptness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical climate
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut fí¼r Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in international dis-cussions, political processes and scientific debates.
In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference.
For further questions, please contact Dr. Ines Dombrowsky.
When applying, please note the position number 2013-IV-03. Applications, includ-ing all necessary documents, should be submitted by 05 November 2013 at:
Deutsches Institut fí¼r Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn/Germany Tel.: +49 (0)228 94927-0 | DIE@die-gdi.de www.die-gdi.de