Our work on climate change is divided into three themes that span the Institute’s core research programmes – Climate finance, Adaptation and Low carbon development. We are seeking a Research Officer to join the Climate finance team and contribute under the supervision of a Research Fellow to developing, conducting and managinghigh-quality and innovative research, policy advice and public affairs activities focused on international climate finance.
The post-holder will be part of our Climate Change, Environment and Forests (CCEF) programme, which forms the hub for ODI’s cross-institute work on climate change, but with the remit to link with other teams, programmes and workstreams as required.
Notable flagship projects within ODI’s climate change work include:
- The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (www.cdkn.org), a £50 million UK and Dutch-funded initative to provide research, knowledge services and technical assistance to policy-makers in developing countries on climate compatible development. ODI leads the research and knowledge management aspects of CDKN.
- REDDNet (www.redd-net.org), a global civil society and research network focusing on the social and poverty dimensions of REDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation).
- Climate Funds Update (www.climatefundsupdate.org), a sector-leading online tool to track and analyse flows of climate finance.
The successful candidate will have:
- a degree and post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- a strong focus on climate change and development, with a particular interest in international public climate finance and/or foreign assistance
- experience in producing research outputs focused on climate change and development
- demonstrated experience in issues pertaining to climate finance and/or foreign assistance
- strong quantitative skills for managing a climate finance database
- attention to detail
- excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- multi-tasking skills
- the ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
Salary: £25,854 – £29,971pa
Position in: Climate Change, Environment and Forests
Closing date: 31 August 2011