The Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy is currently looking for a Research Fellow / Project Coordinator (Reference No. 240/10/2) for the Research Group Energy, Transport and Climate Policy, starting on 1 March 2011. The position is limited to an initial period of 24 months.
Place of employment is either Wuppertal or Berlin according to prior agreement.
Short description of the tasks:
- Focus on mitigation policies (energy, transport) in emerging and developing countries within the framwork of the climate regime (“Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs)”)
- Leading of / cooperating in projects on international climate policy, possibly also on international energy / transport policy
- Active aquisition of third-party funding for these policy fields
- Linking position to the international energy / transport projects of the Research group
- Communication and cultivation of contacts with political stakeholders, external representation of the topic NAMAs
- Very good knowledge of mitigation policies in emerging and developing countries
- Very good knowledge of / experiences in international climate policy, focus on NAMAs, further development of building blocks for a post-2012 agreement
- Master degree in economics, political or environmental sciences or a comparable qualification
- Relevant contacts to appropriate institutions / boards / networks
- Experience in or attending of UN climate conferences is of advantage
- Relevant publications
- Many years of experience in project leadership
- Several years of experience in project acquisition (in a team)
- High level of written and spoken English and German
- Further foreign languages are of advantage
- Strong motivation and independent working skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Organisational skills
Please send your complete application documents (covering letter, your personal data sheet, a proof of language skills, writing samples, certificates/letters of recommendation) as one PDF file referring to the above mentioned reference number to email@example.com until 31 January 2011.
Additional information regarding the job profile will be provided at +49 (0)202 2492-143 (Dr. Stefan Thomas) or -329 (Christiane Beuermann).