About ICF International
To support our growth we seek a Research Assistant to work in our Climate Change and Sustainability Division. The Research Assistant will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. Research Assistants at ICF International have the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. This position will be located full-time at a federal client site in Indianapolis, IN.
- Assist with collection and entry of electric, gas, and water utility data on usage and costs
- Evaluate financial aspects of monthly and annual payments
- Organize and maintain large databases in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Solve quantitative and qualitative problems related to energy and water usage
- Interact with federal and commercial clients
- Keep informed of government agency regulations and requirements, in particular those regarding energy and water
- Activities will include close coordination with ICF staff in Washington, DC
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum GPA of 3.0) in Environmental Science, Mechanical/Civil/Energy/Building Engineering, or related subjects
- Demonstrated experience with 2003/2007 MS Office Applications (Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a low level security clearance.
- Experience working with large databases and financial accounting systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented ability to prioritize and multi-task
- The ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of energy management, utilities and utility bill-pay systems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Superior interpersonal skills, including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors at the client’s site
- Sound business ethics, including an understanding of the need to protect proprietary and confidential information