The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks a Research Assistant to provide research and organizational support to the climate change team, including three senior researchers.
- Conduct literature reviews and data compilation and analysis for ongoing and new research projects. Potential areas of focus include forests and climate change, including, REDD+, climate finance, energy and adaptation.
- Perform analysis of complex datasets in Excel. Knowledge of GIS tools highly desirable.
- Provide other research, writing and editing support for various reports and documents. Perform duties requiring independent judgment and analysis related to data gathering, report preparation, and special projects.
- Collaborate with senior staff and members of the CGD communications team to draft reports, correspondence, documents, blogs, policy briefs, notes and report periodic findings.
- Organize and attend meetings/conferences related to research priorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of senior research staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, international affairs, or other climate, forestry and development-related fields. Familiarity with issues related to development and climate change, development economics and related topics.
- 1-2 years professional experience in related field.
- Essential software skills: MS Excel to construct spreadsheet models and to make publication quality graphics. MS Word competence including page formatting. Outstanding MS Powerpoint to make effective presentations.
- Basic knowledge of econometrics and familiarity with STATA and other statistical packages a plus.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills. Ability to independently draft correspondence, documents, reports.
- Confidence and can-do attitude; ability to advance projects with hands-off supervision.
- Ability to work independently and with small groups.