From AECOM’s project office in Bangkok, the Regional Technical Coordinator will be responsible for working with developing country governments and funding organizations to coordinate program activities by providing technical assistance related to project preparation, support design and implementation of capacity building activities, assist with organization of regional capacity building and networking activities, and supporting program communications and reporting.
Project Preparation Support
• Assisting with identification of potential project partners and funding agencies
• Assist with preparation of adaptation projects initiated by local partners, including coordinating project preparation teams on in-country missions
• Conduct sectoral and technical assessments and analyses
• Help design, implement and monitor capacity building activities including trainings, twinning partnerships and regional capacity building and knowledge sharing initiatives
• Assist with preparation of content for training materials, toolkits, websites, online courses
Communication and Reporting
• Draft project communication products as needed for outreach and project successes
• Assist in tracking project outputs and deliverable for reference on implementation progress
• Develop routine project reports documenting progress toward results
• Minimum five years of experience in project preparation with MDBs, especially ADB and World Bank.
• Advanced degree relevant field and technical knowledge in climate change adaptation as relates to infrastructure, coastal management, water resources management, food security, agriculture, gender, etc.
• Experience with capacity building in developing countries
• Strong communications skills in English, including technical writing and presentations
• Previous experience working in Asia strongly preferred
• Ability to travel extensively within Asia
Permanent / FT