CDP is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join its Global Initiatives team. This is a full-time contract position (5 days per week) with an immediate start date, based in CDP’s New York office through April 2018, with the possibility of further extension. There will be occasional weekend and evening work required.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 5,800 companies with some 60% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2016. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Coordinating and implementing the Commit to Action corporate commitments campaign in North America, which involves:
- Directly engaging with companies through phone calls, webinars, and in-person meetings to educate them on the campaign and to gather their commitments to take specific climate change actions;
- Managing and implementing a regional strategy for engagement on the campaign for North American companies, in close collaboration with key CDP North America staff and campaign partners.
- Leading and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including initiative lead partners, WMB regional partners and collaborators, industry groups, and consumer groups;
- Traveling and speaking on the campaign in an official capacity in meetings and events, and supporting local CDP and partner events.
- Providing support to the Commit to Action Project Coordinator and Project Manager in coordination of the campaign, particularly in the management of strategic partnerships (eg, with We Mean Business, the World Bank and international/UN agencies) and general project research and data analysis; and
- Drafting briefings and updates on CDP’s work that would be shared internally within CDP on a periodic basis, as well as writing or contributing to briefings, updates, blogs, twitter and Linked-In discussions that would be shared externally.
- Utilizing internal client relationship management systems (CRM and Excel) to keep records and track progress;
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably related to sustainability and/or business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact with high-level stakeholders with confidence and fluency on key campaign messages and goals;
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, time management and organization skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Demonstrated experience in campaign work, sales, project management, and/or event management preferred;
- A good understanding of policy developments on key issues, such as international climate change, energy efficiency, water, forests, sustainable cities and corporate environmental reporting;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of teams and external stakeholders, liaising as needed across different time zones, teams, and cultures within the organization;
- Understanding of the aims and objectives of CDP, as well as a passionate desire to drive forward the mission of CDP;
- Ability to commence immediately and right to work in the US.
Language skills: Excellent written and spoken English is essential. Spanish and Portuguese skills are an advantage.
Commit to Action:
The commit to action team supports and engages hundreds of companies globally in signing up to the ambitious climate commitments through We Mean Business—a coalition of organizations working with thousands of the world’s most influential businesses and investors. As a key coalition partner, CDP has worked with We Mean Business and partners to convene a central platform for recognizing business leadership on climate change through the Commit to Action framework. As of 2017 more than 500 of the world’s largest companies have made nearly 1000 commitments to action. Please visit www.wemeanbusinesscoalition.org and read about the campaign and our climate initiatives prior to applying.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email email@example.com. Please express your interest and suitability in the body of the email, attach a resume, and use the subject line: CDP NA Regional Lead – [First Name Last Name].
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with the objective of filling the position as soon as possible. Please do not inquire if the position has been filled. If you are interested, please submit an application.
Excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation annually.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED