A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced and intelligent Project Developer to join a leading carbon business.
This established company is dedicated to using market-based mechanisms to tackle the joint challenges of climate change and sustainable global development. The organisation works on emerging climate finance projects across water, poverty alleviation and health as part of the wider climate finance strategy.
As a key part of their carbon asset development team, your role will be extremely hands on. You will apply your technical skills to develop a wide variety of project types for the CDM and voluntary carbon market, mainly focused in sub Saharan Africa. In addition to identifying project opportunities and liaising with potential project partners you will be responsible for:
- Developing Project Design Documents for emission reduction projects
- Ensuring the carbon asset development for projects is closely manage
- Working with project partners to design and implement monitoring systems for projects to ensure successful verification with efficient and timely delivery of emission reductions
- Preparing all documentation with close attention to detail
- Contracting the projects you are responsible for
- Maintaining knowledge on the CDM Executive Board, the Gold Standard and the Voluntary Carbon Standard
The successful individual will have a proven track record in the carbon field and a technical qualification or Masters degree in a relevant topic. You will have a deep knowledge and understanding of the relevant processes of the CDM, voluntary market and applicable standards, especially Gold Standards. Comfortable with common forms of ERPA’s as well as DOE contracts, you will be highly numerate and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
The company will offer you the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you can manage allowing you to grow and develop.
Please provide your CV in Microsoft Word or Rich Text format only.