Ecosystem Marketplace, a project of the non-profit Forest Trends, is a comprehensive source of information and analysis on environmental markets and payment schemes for ecosystem services, including carbon sequestration, water quality, and biodiversity. We are seeking a talented individual to manage the launch, operations, and network of partners in our upcoming website for Spanish speakers.
Position is a one year long contract.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Support and expand Ecosystem Marketplace’s presence in Latin America
● Manage, build and promote Ecosystem Marketplace’s upcoming website for Spanish speakers
● Guide the growth and development of and directly contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace’s content for Latin America
● Contribute to the program media strategy and news coverage
● Manage a team of writers, consultants, interns, and partners
● Coordinate with other Forest Trends initiatives, such as Watershedconnect.com
● Represent Ecosystem Marketplace at relevant conferences and contribute to our international capacity building workshops
● Work as a part of a team to raise funds for program activities
Qualifications: We’re seeking candidates with:
● Expertise in payments for ecosystem services and environmental markets
● Fluent in Spanish and English
● Excellent analytical, writing, information management and research skills
● A strong interest in internet based outreach, media and ability to clearly communicate information
● Management experience
● A graduate degree or equivalent experience
● The ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic, fast paced organization
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Location: Preferably Washington, D.C.
Qualified applicants please send a resume and cover letter to CV@forest-trends.org by October 15, 2012. No phone calls please.