The Natural Resources Defense Council is seeking a Program Coordinator to work with the Urban Solutions team and specifically, its Director and Deputy Director. This position will be an integral part of the program’s success. The position provides administrative support to a number of advocates, requiring strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple, complex tasks, and willingness to work with a diverse and fast-paced team with limited supervision. The position may have the opportunity to supplement administrative tasks with specific policy work as time permits.
Program Team Coordination
- Serve as the primary point of contact/coordinator for Urban Solutions activities, including monthly team meetings, periodic retreats, and other staff development/coordination activities as requested;
- Staff the Urban Solutions Senior Team meetings, providing agendas, calendar invites and notes to all participants;
- Lead the team of Urban Solution’s Program Assistants to ensure coordination and to undertake special projects, such as team retreats and meetings.
Budgeting, Contracting and Planning:
- Lead budgeting for the general Urban Solutions project code, including additional major projects and initiatives, as requested;
- Generate and manage budget materials for the full Urban Solutions’ program, encapsulating multiple project codes;
- Coordinate budget tracking of all Urban Solutions Program Associates (PAs), including oversee use of and entry into the tracker, and checking overall spend rates at least quarterly;
- Liaise between Director and Deputy and other departments, relaying information and concerns with the tracker to relevant finance and development staff;
- Aide end-of-the-year and mid-year grant reporting;
- Support grant proposals and reports, as requested;
- Work with development and finance staff to analyze grant period expenses and facilitate incoming grants/donations;
- Manage the contract and pass-through grants processes for Urban Solutions, as requested; and
- Support Shelley Poticha, Director;
- Arrange all travel: provides flight and hotel options, books travel, and manages calendar
- Processes monthly AMEX and reimbursement reports in Concur
- Support other SPARCC staff for calendar and expenses, as time permits
- Undertake, with limited supervision, complex research and organizational projects, as requested by the Director or her designee.
Interested? Get details here.