Melbourne Water is a significant business. We manage water supply catchments, sewage, along with rivers, creeks and major drainage systems.
This role within the Water Resources Team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a positive work environment; one where people can learn and perform to their full potential and are committed to the successful achievement of our vision of working together to ensure a sustainable water future.
As the Program Coordinator, Climate Adaptation you will oversee the coordination of Melbourne Water’s adaptation to climate change and variability.
Your ability to provide advice will assist the business to continue to respond and adapt to climate change and its impact on the water supply, sewerage and waterways and drainage systems and the environment.
Skills and Experience
* Understanding concepts and implications of climate change and variability
* Experience or detailed understanding of cross business climate change adaptation issues and approaches
* Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
* Understanding of planning and modelling techniques used in integrated water resources planning
* High level communication, presentation and written skills whilst managing multiple tasks
* Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and water resources modelling techniques and platforms.
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a relevant qualification in water resources.
Flexible working arrangements, including job sharing may be considered.
Initially based at East Melbourne and relocating to Docklands in 2012.
Melbourne Water is a great place to work, giving you the opportunity to make a difference for both present and future generations.