Blue Water Baltimore, the leading water quality non-profit in Baltimore, seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to fill a critical role in our stormwater reduction program. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic and effective environmental non-profit in the region.
The position is focused within the Stormwater Reduction Program. The role of the Program Coordinator will be to assist with Blue Water Congregations, the Outreach and Behavior Change program, and other institutional and community stormwater reduction campaigns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting site visits, coordinating with project partners, and working within targeted communities in Baltimore City and County to increase awareness and facilitate changes in behavior and practices. Responsibilities include coordinating site visits with residents, businesses, and institutions; assessing properties for stormwater issues; and working within communities to implement stormwater management practices. The successful applicant will be part of a two-person coordination team and will report to the Program Manager.
- Assess properties for stormwater issues and recommend practices for runoff reduction
- Screen and follow up with new registrants
- Work with residents, business, and institutions throughout the decision-making and implementation process, from registration through project completion
- Coordinate with existing partners and help develop additional partnership opportunities
- Conduct environmental education and community outreach
- Assist with developing informational materials
- Assist Rain Barrel Program Coordinator with workshops and other tasks as needed
- Provide ideas for potential rain barrel workshop partners and venues
- Degree in relevant field or 2+ years previous experience in environmental arena
- Strong understanding of ecology, urban stormwater issues, and community organizing
- Experience/familiarity with stormwater Best Management Practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized and motivated individual, able to solve problems independently
- Strong listening skills and the ability to apply what is learned
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple deliverables and diverse partners
- Team player capable of working with staff, teachers and partners in an pleasant way
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Google Earth, and ArcGIS
For more information and to apply, click here.