Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for a Program Associate /Fellow for the American Carbon Registry (ACR). The responsibilities, duties and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants may go to Winrock’s Job Page at www.winrock.org
to complete an online application, submit a current resume and cover letter by February 25, 2013.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Program Associate / Winrock Fellow, American Carbon Registry (ACR)
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
DEPARTMENT: American Carbon Registry
REPORTS TO: Belinda Morris, California Director, ACR
The Program Associate / Fellow will help ACR advance our goal of bringing to market high quality carbon offsets based on scientifically sound methodologies by supporting the operations and new business activities of ACR. The fellow will be integrally involved both in ACR’s operations as a leading carbon offset program in the voluntary market and its operations as an approved Offset Project Registry (OPR) and Early Action Offset Program (EAOP) under California’s Cap and Trade Program. S/he will also support several ongoing projects. This position initially will be funded for one year.
- Assist program staff with the review and registration of voluntary carbon offset projects
- Provide support on client interface and general operations of ACR’s APX registry platform
- Help coordinate ACR’s three step methodology review process for all new methodologies and proposed methodology revisions
- Provide support to ACR’s role as an Offset Project Registry for the California’s Cap and Trade program
- Support the implementation of ACR workshops and webinars aimed at providing timely information to project developers and capped industries
- Participate in team meetings
- Provide assistance and background information for responses to general new business enquiries
- Represent ACR at various meetings with regulatory agencies and others organizations
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Bachelors or advanced degree related to sustainable business, environmental management, economics, engineering, agriculture, energy or related field
Experience with market-based approaches to environmental problems and/or knowledge of carbon markets preferred. Understanding of regulatory frameworks a plus.
Analytical skills; research skills; ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks; excellent communication (written and oral) skills; computer skills including Microsoft Office, including Excel and PPT; second language preferred.
Interest in market-based approaches to reducing greenhouse gas emissions required. Willing to take on a variety of tasks. Able to work well in teams and also independently. Comfortable working in a flexible, informal environment. Commitment to Winrock’s mission.
Read more about the position here