WWF-Malaysia is a national, non-profit organisation with a team of over 180 staff that works to conserve nature and the protection of the environment. To achieve this, we seek qualified individual(s) to fill these exciting and challenging positions in our organisation and become a major contributor to our mission.
- Provide support to any project under the purview of Policy Unit in Sabah
- Provide inputs relating to Environmental Policy in Sabah whenever required by the Policy Analyst
- Formulate recommendations and technical comments on EIAs and Special Study through the Policy Unit.
- Prepare relevant reports for projects, as required by Policy Analyst from time to time, in a timely manner.
- Produce materials for generating awareness and action around policy priorities.
- Monitor state and national legislation and policy as it impacts our environment.
- Coordinate and provide support including by organizing meetings/workshop/discussion (internal and external), producing regular digests and updates, and coordinating action.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge on environmental issues
- Establish partnership with the government departments.
- Degree in Law (advantage), Political Science, English or Environmental Science;
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and general understanding of the key institutions in environmental issues
- Experience of giving presentations and delivering lectures to diverse audiences in both Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Minimum 3 years working experience (environmental conservation, land-use development and/or EIA systems advantage).
- Working knowledge of environmental and technical aspects in Sabah with regards to Energy, Forest and Marine related issues.
- Ability to translate research into written position papers or policy papers.
- Mature, able to work with minimal supervision and has the capacity to make decisions or act on issues with professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills, problem solving skills.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to use appropriate technology for presentation to partners, stakeholders and potential donors.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and interest in, environmental policy and legislation
- 1 Contract position(s) available.
More information here.