Barefoot Conservation is a new and exciting, not-for-profit organisation that takes a fresh look at marine conversation and community awareness. All of the Barefoot staff share the same passion for making a real difference at a grass root level on all our projects.
Our focus is grass roots conservation and community action. Our aim is to engage, educate and empower the local community to make sustainable conservation a way of life, not just a project.
We are currently looking to fill the role of “Overseas Community Manager” at our Raja Ampat, West Papua/Indonesia marine conservation project.
To create, manage and oversee all community projects in the Raja Ampat region of Indonesia. Supervise all voluntary Community Officers on the various project sites through-out the region. Liaise with all necessary Raja Ampat local Government officials, project partners, village chiefs, land owners and villagers for all community projects.
Manage the following with the assistance from the Overseas Operations Manager:
- Work with local Government and local communities to create & manage new community projects.
- Brief and train all new Community Officers (CO’s) in ongoing projects,local culture and basic local language.
- Ensure the smooth running of the overseas community projects through efficent organization of CO’s and any local employee’s
- Work in partnership with local Government and local communities to create community projects.
- Manage and oversea community projects through liaising with on-site Community Officers (CO’s).
- Brief, train and supervise all on-site Community Officers (CO’s), develop, plan and implement CO’s training program.
- When needed/necessary meet volunteers and expedition staff at airport arrivals and accompany them to the project site.
- Identification of suppliers and the purchase of equipment for community projects.
- Assist other on-site expedition staff when needed, including but not limited to doing survey dives and other on-site logistics.
- Update the company website with the progress of community projects and enter the volunteers community wall blog.
- Help write company documentation for the website and for the UK office when needed.
Application deadline: 11/29/12
For more information on this position, click here