Founded in Vermont in 2000, NativeEnergy is an expert provider of carbon offsets, renewable energy credits, and carbon accounting software. We help businesses and individuals identify and reduce their greenhouse gas pollution and attain their sustainability goals. Our clients are pioneers in corporate social responsibility, including eBay, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Ben & Jerry’s, Interface, Stonyfield Farm, Esurance, and National Geographic. Learn more at www.nativeenergy.com.
Start Date (flexible): January 2013
End Date (flexible): May 2013
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Time Commitment: Part-time
• Assist with public relations activities, including traditional and social media outreach
• Develop and execute social media campaigns
• Write blogs and other content
• Conduct market research
• Help plan and organize events
• Assist with other marketing-related activities as needed
This position is open to advanced undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree in communications,
marketing, journalism, environmental studies, or related fields.
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong research aptitude
• Knowledge of marketing and communications best practices
• Proficiency in PC computing, including Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated participation in campus programs or community service activities
• Experience with Google Analytics, website content management systems, and/or HTML is a plus
The successful candidate will be creative, detailed-oriented, and self-motivated. S/he must have a positive
attitude and eagerness to learn, with a professional demeanor.
Please send your resume, a short writing sample, and a cover letter specifying your availability, your areas of
interest, and your reasons for interning with NativeEnergy to email@example.com. Applications will be
reviewed upon receipt.