With climate change a strategic pillar of IFC’s business, the Corporation has established a new department, the Climate Business Department (CBG), to provide leadership on climate change and leverage IFC’s investment and advisory businesses to maximize impact. CBG is a centrally positioned group responsible for supporting business development across IFC for projects that are climate change positive. Therefore, CBG works closely with other groups within IFC, including Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Financial Markets, as well as with Advisory teams and appropriate counterparts within the World Bank Group. CBG is looking to recruit a Market Research Officer in IFC’s Washington, D.C. office to support its headquarters and regional staff.
The Market Research Officer will assist with knowledge management, research and business development strategy formulation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting CBGSB’s Investment Officers and Industry Specialists with industry, market and company research in support of climate business development strategies as an integral part of a business development team;
• Accessing, analyzing and categorizing externally available data;
• Analyzing IFC portfolio and pipeline data by drawing from internal IFC sources including databases;
• Gathering, synthesizing and managing content for, and also creating, internal reports / strategic studies / presentations;
• Preparing briefs and presentation materials for IFC staff, management and senior management;
• Supporting climate sector practice groups;
Technical academic background including a Master’s degree from a reputable academic institution; and minimum 5 years work experience (technical or commercial experience in climate-related sectors, knowledge management, strategy or business development a plus);
• Research experience;
• Excellent writing skills and verbal and visual communication skills (including mastery of PowerPoint and Word);
• Strong skill sets in analyzing and synthesizing data;
• Demonstrated ability to filter the analysis of market data against private sector business drivers to develop business case for investment;
• Demonstrated understanding of private sector drivers for debt and equity investment;
• Ability to draw on internal and external sources to present key trends that affect strategy;
• Understanding of development economics and the role of the private sector in development;
• Familiarity with IFC investment and advisory services preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to deliver at a consistently high level under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects;
• Demonstrated ability to combine attention to detail with broad-based analysis;
• Team player with strong client focus and proven capacity to build and manage effective relationships with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• A natural sense of curiosity with initiative, self-motivation, creative thinking and a readiness to look for ways to add value;
• Demonstrated interest in climate business;
• Fluency in spoken and written English. Other languages are a plus.
• This role may require some international travel.
For for information, click here.