VicForests is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and talented biodiversity expert to manage our Research & Development team in either Woori Yallock or Melbourne. You will be part of an organisation that strives to achieve success through implementing excellence in sustainable forest management practices.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Forest Science, Biodiversity Conservation and/or Forest Ecology (post graduate qualification preferable)
- Strong knowledge of the native timber industry
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and providing high level advice on key biodiversity issues to a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining key scientific relationships and research strategies
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- A passion for achieving conservation goals
- And the initiative to deliver our business objectives.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Research and Development group in the development, implementation and continual improvement of VicForests Biodiversity and Forest science policies, programs and processes;
- Initiate and strengthen collaborative research partnerships;
This is a fixed term position, three year contract.
If this sounds like you, please do not delay in sending your cover letter addressing the selection criteria with a current CV to email@example.com.