Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM U.S. Central Standard Time or 11:00 PM GMT on January 8, 2019.
The 2019 Fellowship will take place from June 30 through July 31, 2019 in Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A.
Applicants must use the online application to apply to the Fellowship. Here is what is required in the application:
- Summary of your leadership experience. (150 words)
- Why you wish to attend the Kinship Fellows program and what you see yourself doing in five years. (250 words)
- Summary of your experience working with market-based tools. (250 words)
- A description of a project or an environmental challenge or issue in your work and how you plan to develop a solution using market-based approaches. (500 words)
Your resume should reflect at least five years of experience working in an environmental field. Five years cannot include time spent pursuing a degree.
A high-quality digital image of yourself (headshot).
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation: One from a current employer and one from a colleague. The selection panel will use these letters to assess each applicant’s capacity for leadership. Specific examples include:
- Your ability to take action on conservation issues
- Your ability to mobilize and motivate others
- Your capacity to produce innovative solutions to complex environmental problems
- Your potential to contribute to an ongoing community of leaders
NOTE: Letters of recommendation must be submitted to the program by the person providing the recommendation. They cannot be uploaded with your application. A signed copy of the letter should be on letterhead and should be scanned and saved as a PDF or JPEG and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, limit each letter to one page.
Electronic submissions are preferred, but letters can also be mailed to:
Kinship Conservation Fellows Program
225 West Washington Street, 28th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606