Are you passionate about water and development? Have you covered these topics in your work but want a chance to learn more and interview major actors in the water community? Have you looked for an opportunity to report on a global water meeting, where world leaders, policy makers, and academics meet representatives from the private sector and civil society to discuss some of the world’s most urgent issues? Apply for the SIWI Journalist Grant!
SIWI offers five journalists from low or low-middle income nations the opportunity to visit World Water Week which takes place in Stockholm between 26 – 31 August 2018.
The SIWI Journalist Grant covers:
– Round-trip air ticket to Stockholm, Sweden
– Public (or equivalent) transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure
– Full week registration fee for World Water Week
– Certain social events during World Water Week
– Hotel stay during World Water Week
– Meals on half board during World Water Week
– Per diem for meals not provided at World Water Week venue
The SIWI Journalist Grant does not cover:
– Visa, and visa-related costs
– Any insurance
– Transport in Stockholm (excluding public transport to and from Arlanda airport)
– Any extras
Who is eligible to apply?
– You must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low- or low-middle income country by the World Bank. See which countries that are eligible in this list.
– You must be an employee of a media outlet in your country (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, recognized digital publication) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
– You must have a documented interest in water and water-related issues.
– Since the official language of World Water Week is English, you need to be able to work in English, even if you publish stories in another language.
Deadline: April 30, 2018
For more information, click here.