REDD Origination/Project Management, London
A major Energy Utility Group is seeking an Originator/ Project Manager, specialising in REDD, for its Carbon Offset Trading Portfolio.
Our client is a leading trader within the carbon markets; with REDD fast becoming a priority within the carbon market, this is an opportunity to work within a key CDM portfolio which is driven by vast resources.
Successful candidates will have experience within the REDD sector, able to originate and manage the implementation of the CDM projects through to accreditation of the CERs for trading. Localised expertise and a strong understanding of regional CDM authorities is essential.
- Contacts within the REDD Carbon market, able to be utilized in favour of our client and future portfolio projects.
- Working experience in projects and deep knowledge of the carbon market regulatory framework (including detailed knowledge of carbon project cycle, validation and verification processes, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the Kyoto and its related processes with UNFCCC.
- Proven track record of achievement
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ambitious, innovative and success driven
- Excellent communication skills, a natural leader and team player
- Fluent in English; fluency in at least one other language a plus.
Carbon / Energy Consultant, Lyon
This role has a dual purpose of getting involved in the project management of CDM projects in French speaking Africa (including PDD writing), also to work on energy projects within france, giving you exposure to markets noot limited to Carbon.
This role would suit someone who has worked as a junior CDM project manager / PDD writer who wants to learn new skills in strategy consultancy whilst remaining involved in CDM issues.
The successful candidate will have minumum 1 years experience in climate change, it is essential that you have not just reviewed, but written PDDs in the past. You will be educated ideally to Masters level, and you must be fluent in English and at least conversational in French.
DOE Certified Expert, Beijing
A leading Designated Operational Entity (DOE) are seeking a certified expert within a GHG Auditing Sector to assist in the validation/verification of GHG projects covering CDM projects.
Candidates are needed who fit within the recent UNFCCC Auditing criteria as a sector expert, having had at least 3 years experience within a prior industry relevant to the CDM sector.
The successful candidate will have;
- Demonstrable understanding of the growing global markets for GHG validation / verification services
- Solid understanding of the Kyoto Protocol’s flexible mechanisms including at least 3 years experience CDM/JI and the Validation / verification stage of these processes
- Detailed knowledge of at least one CDM Technical Scope. With at least 3 years direct experience in a specific industrial sector; metals, oil and gas, mining, or chemicals are particularly welcomed.
- Knowledge of other GHG programs (eg VCS, Gold Standard) is welcomed
- Hands on experience in Validation / Verification work
- Able to interact with also influence regulators / accreditors in conjunction of the firms approach as a provider of a valued service to clients
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Articulate, well spoken, strong communications skills including presentation
- Be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The willingness to travel overseas frequently in line with the demands of the role.
- Be fluent in English
CDM/ Sustainability Auditor, Beijing
Our client is a leading CDM project developer in South East Asia with a multi million pound portfolio. They are seeking experienced auditors within CDM and also Sustainability to help expand their operations and increasing market share.
As part of operations post- 2012, our client has developed and flourished in providing Environmental and Sustainable audits for large scale industrial companies. With their business expanding rapidly, our client is seeking auditors of all levels that seek to balance their experience in CDM with environmental and sustainable validation services.
This offers a unique opportunity to join a fast growing CDM developer and to develop a varied skill set. Auditors with links to DOEs will be especially welcomed.
Fluency in English language is essential; whilst fluency in a S.E Asian dialect is preferable.
Carbon Management & Sustainability Manager
A major Corporation is seeking a Corporate Sustainability manager to work in a Carbon Management capacity, reducing carbon emissions and energy expenditure, with a wider focus within environment orientated CSR implementations.
The role will involve consulting with your team concerning sustainability measures that can reduce carbon emissions and the company’s impact on the environment, whilst operating within a business orientated strategy. Key operating strategies will be reducing expenditure and producing measures that fit within the company brand.
- Sustainability and Environmental expertiseAble to work as part of a team
- Business minded, able to produce results within a strategy
- 5 years sustainability experience
- Fluent in English.