CDC Climat Asset Management is building a portfolio of long-term positions in the carbon market. Owned by CDC Climat, the fully-owned subsidiary of the public group Caisse des Dépots (CDC), and PROPARCO/AFD, the company is dedicated to building the international carbon markets with a particular focus on Africa and the Mediterranean Region. We see substantial opportunities in the current market environment and are therefore expanding our direct investments in emission reduction projects around the world.
As a successful candidate for this position you will have substantial work experience in the carbon markets. You will enjoy working in an entrepreneurial team that forms part of a publically owned group with a strong ethos of investing over the long term.
Your competencies and qualifications will include:
• Several years of origination experience in the carbon markets
• Hands-on experience in managing the full carbon project cycle
• Proven track record in successfully negotiating ERPAs and investing in primary CDM projects across many project types and countries
• Deep understanding of portfolio management across a broad range of CDM assets & high sensitivity to sound risk management; banking experience is a plus
• Proven management skills
• Excellent professional network that will support the sourcing of projects and expansion of CDC Climat Asset Management’s activities
• Fluency in English and at least a basic knowledge of French are required
Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
• First-rate communication skills and team player
• Willingness to travel
CDC Climat Asset Management offers a competitive and performance-based package in line with the experience of the successful candidate.