- Key leadership role in global carbon investor and project developer
- Originate and manage investments in carbon projects
- Sydney based, with significant international travel
This is a rare opportunity in a blue chip backed fund involved in origination, management and development of Carbon / Renewable Energy projects including CDM / VCS, Forestry, REDD+
The Investment Manager / Director will provide leadership in originating, assessing and managing carbon project investments. Working with a small team including investment, technical, community, and legal professionals, the candidate will play a key role in investment decisions and managing on-going project development. Focussed on our investments in developing countries, the role will require excellent counter-party management and engagement with key regulatory and government agencies.
The role will be responsible for:
- Leading due diligence of current portfolio investment opportunities with specific focus on commercial and implementation feasibility
- Identifying and engage with promising new investment opportunities globally
- Establishing effective relationships with key regulatory agencies, particularly in relation to government approvals and support of key project activities
- Coordinating project design and management, including oversight of third party contractors and management of key relationships (including NGO implementing partners, landholders and technical consultants)
- Coordinating the development of project design documentation as required by key carbon and co-benefit standards
Desired Skills & Experience
The role will suit a dynamic individual with proven experience in project origination and management. Excellent analytical and communication skills are paramount, as is a strong interest in environmental or carbon markets. The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of carbon markets (compliance and voluntary carbon markets)
- Familiarity with general requirements of carbon standards and carbon accounting
- Excellent language and communication skills, and an ability to be persuasive
- Resilience in dealing with complex situations
- Technical experience in carbon project development would be highly desirable and familiarity with VCS forestry requirements and / or renewable energy projects an advantage
- Experience in a developing country context
- Fluency in other languages would be a definite advantage
- A passion for environmental sustainability and community development would be desirable.
- Willingness to travel
NOTE: International candidates are encouraged to apply as relocation and visa sponsored will be arranged for the right person.
Please call Gareth Clarke on +61(0)2 8243 0500 for more information or submit your CV to email@example.com
Bradman Recruitment Group is a leader in the recruitment of energy and carbon professionals. We have been recruiting senior level executives, engineers, technicians, finance professionals and consultants in the energy and carbon sector for 5 years and have been in business for 13 years. Our carbon and energy recruitment division is now recognised as one of the leading recruitment companies in this field.
Contact Details : Gareth Clarke
Tel : +61(0)2 8243 0500
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address : http://www.bradmanrecruitment.com/
Read more about the position here.