Salary: TBD based on experience
Reporting to: Communications Director
Location: London, England (other locations a possibility)
Experience: 3-5 years minimum in media relations; agency and climate related experience a plus
Language: Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
Strategy and Delivery:
• A key contributor to the development of overall C40 communications strategy (external and internal), led by Communications Director
• Responsible for driving media relations activity with a specific focus on international reach, working in close collaboration with C40 Communications Team members.
• Creation of announcement strategies, content development, approval coordination and management of distribution processes/amplification
• Coordinate with global C40 City Press Office network w/C40 Comms Team specifically on related city and C40 announcements.
• Coordinate with key C40 partner press offices (e.g. World Bank, Arup, ICLEI , CDP) on related city and C40 announcements.
• Development of international media strategy for key C40 events, including Rio+20 and C40 Cities Global Mayors Summit
• Interview coordination for key C40 spokespeople
• Coordination of the C40 speaker program for Executive Team and Program Directors
• Coordination with other C40 Communications functions and activities – internal communications, content manager, social media/digital, and agency resources
• Management of Communications Team processes, including coordination of weekly reporting and regular team calls
• Manage Media Monitoring including the production of weekly internal “Climate Digest” report
Clinton Foundation Coordination:
• Liaison with communications and marketing functions on relevant external communications relating to Cities, including content for talking points and approval of Clinton Climate Initiative/Clinton Foundation references in press materials