Bunge Environmental Markets Group, part of Bunge Limited’s Financial Services Group, was established to especially leverage Bunge’s global capabilities, operating through regional offices in New York, Singapore, Geneva, Shanghai, Mumbai, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires and Miami. The Group has a proven record in assessing emissions of greenhouse gases, developing new emission reduction methodologies and strategies, and optimizing and commercializing these emissions assets for companies and public institutions.
Bunge Environmental Markets Group is now seeking to hire a commercial manager to take ownership of the existing portfolio or carbon transactions and in addition to continue development of existing relationships as well as nurturing new ones in order to expand the presence of Bunge Emissions operations throughout India.
The role will include the following activities:
- Coordinate the Group’s resources (agents, CDM advisory services, legal, tax, finance, execution) to successfully manage existing investment projects in India to their conclusion.
- Identify and assess local service providers in India to support the group’s activities.
- Identify and establish contacts with potential projects in India to originate additional investment opportunities.
- Form a view of market fundamentals in India in relation to the global markets and provide analysis to determine trading opportunities.
- Develop appropriate strategies to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the Indian market.
- Negotiate commercial terms for purchases of emission credits, including CERs, EUAs, ERUs, VERs.
- Maintain relationships on behalf of the group with buyers, sellers and financial institutions with an interest in the Indian market.
- Develop Bunge’s presence in the market, in particular with governmental officials and regulatory bodies.
- Provide support to the group’s global activities as required including assignment to project teams organized around functional areas outside geography (such as developing VER business).
The successful candidate will be an Indian national with direct experience in leading contract negotiation or renegotiation. They will have excellent verbal and written communication skills; be practical and commercial and not be afraid of building networks of contacts. Importantly, they will also be team players and proactive communicators with their colleagues.
Those with experience in the Indian Resource Efficiency industry (renewables, waste to energy, agriculture) and background in project finance are likely to be favoured candidates.
We are looking for a self-starter, who is keen to learn, responsible and accountable for their own actions. Professional qualifications (MBA, ACA, CFA or similar) are an advantage, though are not essential: demonstrable intellectual capability is, however, expected.
About Bunge Limited
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in approximately 40 countries with over 35,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed and edible oil products for commercial customers and consumers; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat and corn to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in North and South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
Learn more about the position here