Position: Impact Fellowship – Safe Water Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Impact Carbon’s mission is to improve health and the environment in the developing world through clean energy projects that reduce carbon emissions.
Impact Carbon generates carbon emission reductions from household energy projects that improve living conditions in the less-developed communities we serve. We leverage the financial returns from these projects to benefit local partners and people.
Typical Impact Carbon projects involve developing carbon offsets for projects that scale the sales and distribution of efficient appliances such as healthy cookstoves and water treatment devices. Impact Carbon works with carbon finance investors, carbon project developers, implementing partners, philanthropists and NGOs to quantify the carbon emissions reduced by our projects and to generate and verify carbon offsets, both CERs and VERs. With JP Morgan Climate Care, Impact Carbon issued the first Gold Standard VERs from a cookstove project in early 2010.
Impact Carbon is currently validating and/or verifying 12 projects in 9 countries and has a deep pipeline of projects slated for rapid development.
Impact Carbon is based in San Francisco, CA. Impact Carbon develops projects in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Impact Carbon is seeking a highly motivated Impact Fellow to work on Impact Carbon’s safe water program in East Africa.
The position requires strong organizational, project management, and business experience. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Field and strong project management experience.
The position is a 1 year Fellowship based in Kampala, Uganda, with training in the San Francisco office
• Assess attractiveness, usability, and commercial viability of water treatment technologies
• Analyze technology feasibility based on costs, sourcing opportunities, and long term quality
• Build internal knowledge base and assessment tool for water treatment mechanisms
• Coordinate field surveys and new product testing
• Assist with design and testing of community level water treatment solutions
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and sales strategy for water products
• Analyze and interpret data from quantitative and qualitative studies
• Monitor and support on the ground operations of distribution and implementation partners
• Identify and investigate new local partnership opportunities
• Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Project management experience.
• Highly motivated individuals with ability to work in teams as well as independently.
• Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa a plus.
• Fluency in written and spoken English; other languages a plus.
Compensation: Compensation for the fellowship will depend on ability and experience.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please highlight carbon project development experience.
Please use the subject “Impact Fellow-Water Uganda” in all e-mail correspondence.
No phone calls please.
Impact Carbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
Read more about the position here