Face the Future’s mission is to create a sustainable planet and future, by rehabilitating and conserving forests (and other ecosystems). This can be partly funded for by the price that is paid for the amount of carbon sequestered. When well designed and implemented a forest rehabilitation or conservation projectresults in clear benefits for local communities, the global society and biodiversity, so a true triple win situation.
Face the Future develops forest rehabilitating and forest conservation projects, including carbon certification.
Face the Future is founded in 1990 with the objective to mitigate reduce climate change by reforestation and forest conservation projects. She is one of the global pioneers in the area of forest carbon projects.
As a result driven organisation Face the Future specialises in:
• Development of afforestation/reforestation projects and forest conservation (REDD) projects
• Generation of carbon credits from these projects
• Sustainable forest management, combining carbon revenues with other forest related revenue streams.
• Consultancy services for forest carbon project development and wider environmental services projects
• Sustainable forest fund management
• Marketing and sales of carbon credits and environmental services.
Face the Future works with several partners worldwide on the development and management of forest carbon projects. Face the Future projects are located in Ecuador, Uganda and Malaysia, next to this Face the Future cooperates with projects in other countries.
In order to manage current and future carbon forest projects Face the Future is hiring a Carbon Project Manager, to be located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Role and responsibility
The Carbon Project Manager will be responsible for the carbon aspect of specific projects (mostly in
developing countries). The Project Manager acts as the primary contact for both the management as field
staff of the project partners.
The following activities and responsibilities will be assigned to the Carbon Project Manager:
• Coordination projects through the complete carbon validation and registration process
• Managing project budgets
• Developing new projects (REDD+, ARR, IFM)
• Performing Due Diligence activities for new projects
• Maintain contacts with NGO’s, governments, partners and other stakeholders
• Providing consultancy services on all of the above items
The candidate meets the following profile:
• Finalised education (tropical) forestry or similar education (at least M.Sc.)
• Multiple years of experience in international carbon- and or forestry projects
• Knowledge and experience in carbon validation (CDM/voluntary) and monitoring of forest
• Experience in working on organising and overseeing public stakeholder consultations at
village/community level in developing countries.
• Experience in Free Prior and Informed Consent protocols and/or experience with applying the
Climate Community and Biodiversity Associations Standard is a bonus.
• Ability to manage large and complex projects
• Hands-on mentality, prepare to take on operational activities
• Willingness to travel
• Fluency in written and spoken English with Spanish and/or French language skills.
For more information or your application:
Face the Future
Att. Rodney Pereira – Managing Director
Pieter de Hoochweg 108
3024 BH Rotterdam
0031 (0) 10 7542050