The Gold Standard is hiring for a Finance Assistant to primarily support the Finance Manager in bookkeeping and accounting tasks. The Finance Assistant will also, on a limited basis, provide support to the Chief Operating Officer for certain high level administrative tasks. This position is initially being offered on a part time basis, with the potential to move to full time in 2018.
- Provide support for bookkeeping and accounting
- Manage outgoing/incoming payments and process daily journal entries accordingly
- Ensure accuracy of bookkeeping entries and the correct application of VAT rates
- Prepare and execute payments to vendors
- Keep the vendor contact list up-to-date
- Maintain the organisation’s Chart of Accounts and manage all accounting archives
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for Geneva tax authorities by reconciling VAT GL accounts
- Prepare month-end closing by reconciling bank statements and bookkeeping entries
- Assist with year-end closing and with preparations for the annual audit
- Manage payroll and other human resources administrative tasks
- Manage online payroll system for Swiss employees
- Work with accountants and payroll services in other country offices to ensure their information is correct and up to date
- Manage team expense reports
- Maintain and update employee personnel files
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding employees as needed
- Support the Board of Directors
- Assist in scheduling Board meetings and Board committee meetings
- Assist in Board meeting or Board committee preparations as needed
- Maintain Board related systems, including Sharepoint and the Geneva Commercial Registry
- Geneva Office Management
- Oversee day-to-day office management issues, such as ordering office supplies
- Interact with the relevant Swiss government agencies, insurance companies, the Geneva Commercial Registry and the Federal Foundation Oversight
- Manage office-related contracts, such as the office lease and IT systems
- A Professional Degree (CFC) or Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- At least 2 years of experience in a fast-moving office environment
- Strong analytical skills, experience with Swiss GAAP a plus
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for making efficiency improvements to existing processes
- Outstanding and demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- An organised and pragmatic approach to work
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French; knowledge of German a plus
- Solid skills in the use of MS Office programs and general aptitude for the use of IT systems
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the environment or sustainable development a plus
- The role is initially part-time (24-32 hours per week) and has the potential to move to full time by mutual agreement, subject to performance, salary requirements, and career objectives.
It is preferred that the successful candidate be able to start the role on or around July 17, 2017.
The salary for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications for this role will close on June 16, 2017. We regret that we cannot confirm receipt of your application by email. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for The Gold Standard and a CV to email@example.com.