About Nexus for Development
Nexus is a key network and finance partner working to make low-carbon clean energy and WASH solutions count toward the Global Goals. We are based in Southeast Asia and collaborate with partners around the world to create and deploy innovative financing tools to scale locally-driven solutions.
A diverse range of organizations are improving people’s lives in the face of poverty and climate change. At Nexus, we connect award-winning organizations with world-leading businesses, donors and investors, inspiring and funding change that maximizes sustainable development outcomes.
At Nexus we support continuous learning and professional development, offering a robust in-house knowledge base on carbon finance, foot-printing, fund management, innovative finance, sustainable development, networking, capacity-building and sustainability strategy.
Since being formed in 2009 by an alliance of development organizations, our expertise has evolved to offer a range of technical and financial services that support the growth and impact of our members and partners. Nexus currently has 20 members who are central to the work we do.
Nexus engages with several international actors:
– Development practitioners (Social enterprises, NGOs)
– Private sectors companies and corporates, investors and donors
– Researchers, policy makers and international standards and associations
For more information, visit http://www.nexusfordevelopment.org/
Join our team!
The Finance and Administration Officer is expected to drive best practices across all finance and administrative management activities within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager. She/he will assume responsibility for the development and implementation of more efficient and effective finance management tools, support the team with the relationship management of donors, investors, borrowers, and administration.
The Finance and Administration Officer will ensure that there is thorough monitoring of treasury systems, take responsibility for the timely entry of all data entries exercising due care, and liaise with all suppliers and vendors to oversee the payment of invoices.
- Finance management support
– Develop a strong understanding of the Treasury Control System. Responsible for monitoring, identifying enhancements, and application of accounting policies and procedures.
– Assist with controlling the flow of funds through the organization’s bank accounts
– Coordination and liaison with all key stakeholders (I.e. banks, internal, external counterparties) to lead resolution of issues for account payable and receivables.
– Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliation.
– Knowledge of the workings of an accounting system with strong fundamental understanding of financial statements – balance sheet, profit and loss, and trial balance.
– Daily processing of all accounting entries into the QuickBooks system and reconcile to back-up schedules.
– Work directly with the Finance Manager to create and adopt more efficient and effective finance management tools.
Accounts payable and receivable:
– Prepare vouchers and arrange payment (cash) for all bills and expenses
– Prepare invoices for accounts receivables
– Maintain receipts and payments tracking system
– Reconciliation of accounts payables and accounts receivables
– Production of Aged Analysis Report
– Responsible for all payment collections – follow-up on all unpaid and overdue amounts
- Administrative Management
– Calculate monthly net salaries and prepare monthly salary slips
– Control and processing of travel claims
– Coordinate and support team on logistical matters (e.g. travel arrangements)
– Maintain effective filing system
– Manage day-to-day office related expenditures
– Manage petty cash and payments to building related expenses
– Manage relationships and building administration processes with the landlord and manager
– Liaison with governments, local authorities and relevant Ministries of Cambodia
– Assist with other administration tasks including liaison with the Corporate Secretary
– System administrator: Manage all passwords, usernames and staff profile for Office 365
– Manage software updates with the IT consultant
Key Skills and Qualifications:
– Degree in Business Administration/ Finance, MBA a plus
– Minimum 4 years professional experience in similar role; ideally will have prior work experience with an international organization
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel
– Knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online version an advantage
– Fluent Khmer and English communication skills are required
– Good negotiator and problem solver with different levels of stakeholders
– Be able to work independently and contribute as a team player
– Ability to establish good working relationships with relevant government departments in Cambodia.
– Experience in carbon finance / climate finance / NGO or non-profits a plus
– Detail oriented
– Willingness to learn
– Able to operate in a multicultural environment
– High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
– Adaptive, patient, resilient and flexible
– Able to multi-task with a hands-on approach
– Highly responsive and proactive
|Role Title:||Finance and Administration Officer|
|Position Profile||Finance management support, accounts payable and receivable, office management|
|Direct supervisor||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Location||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Term||Unspecified duration contract with ideal commitment of 2 years full-time or 5 days/ week.|
|Remuneration package||Commensurate with experience. Family allowance (small increase for children under the age of 6 if applicable). Training allowance and health, work accident insurance provided. 40 days of annual leave including public holiday period.|
How to apply:
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Application to Finance and Administration Officer role” before the 4th of January, 2019. Apply early as applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. In your cover letter please include any expectations in terms of learning and personal development career.
Please note that only complete applications that address the above-mentioned responsibilities, opportunities and challenges in their application submission will be considered.
If you have any specific queries on the role, feel free to reach out to Theary on firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise please submit your full application (CL & CV) to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!