The incoming Executive Director will inherit an organization with a solid national reputation, a highly skilled staff, a prestigious Board, and established financial footing.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership and translate that vision into plans and concrete actions to advance the organization’s mission, revenue development, impact, and growth.
- Provide leadership in revenue development and fundraising by identifying and securing new funding opportunities, and fostering positive relations with existing and potential funders and donors.
- Manage and evolve program and service offerings to ensure a competitive position in the industry, increase market share, and develop new markets.
- Oversee and direct growth of the offset portfolio.
- Represent and promote The Climate Trust at legislative sessions, committee meetings, public speaking engagements, media interviews, and other public functions.
- Motivate, develop, and lead the staff and ensure a respectful and dynamic work environment.
- Develop and recommend annual budget for Board approval, prudently manage resources, and ensure fiscal responsibility and security.
The ideal candidate will possess or exhibit the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 10 years as a senior executive in an environmental or energy-related organization—ideally with a combination of both nonprofit and for-profit experience
- The ability to think strategically and critically, and synthesize
- Proven organizational management skills and outstanding financial planning ability and experience
- A charismatic, inspiring and empowering leadership style
- A results orientation with a track record of mobilizing teams to accomplish big agendas
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships
- Commitment to and skill at community engagement, shared leadership and collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to climate change mitigation
- College degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Policy experience, especially at a regional or federal level
- Contract negotiation experience
- Mastery of the technical aspects of carbon offsets
- Mastery of the policy aspects of carbon offsets
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Read more about the position here.