Advocate + is implementing a united nations Development Program – Global Environmental Facility (UNDP-GEF) funded decentralized solid waste management scheme “Sustainable Waste Management Initiative-Environmental Protection that Benefits the Poor” in Bo, southern province. We are looking for a dynamic Environmental Management Officer to join our project management team.
- Project management involving environmental site assessments, and remedial projects
- Liaising with local authorities and coordinate waste management procedures, whether in refuse reduction, recycling or clearance.
- Project management including budget responsibilities, contract preparation, supervision and training of staff
- Monitoring the implementation of schemes and initiatives and keeping records
- Promoting sustainable forest management practices and energy-efficient technology
- Promoting awareness and educating local communities about recycling, waste management, and new initiatives
- Undertaking research and report writing
- Ensure all projects uphold legal and health and safety requirements
- Post-graduate degree in Environmental Science or Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years of environmental management related working experience
- Excellent presentation, leadership, interpersonal skills, team player
- Excellent technical skills with attention to detail
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Oral and written communication skills, public speaking and good administrative skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
Friday August 9, 2013. Applications sent after August 9th may not be considered. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send your cover letter and CV electronically and preferably merged as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate salary expectation in your cover letter and outline how you fit the eligibility for this position.
Read more about the position here.