Environmental Consulting & Management Specialist – Calgary, Alberta
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Postal Code: T2G 1B1
Reference Number: 36466BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Company: CH2M HILL
Career Level: Professional
Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011
About the Business
Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go “Green” and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M HILL’s Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth’s natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let’s Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Environmental Compliance & Sustainability Consulting and Management Specialists – Calgary, Alberta
The challenge? Serve the strategic and operational environmental compliance needs of our clients in throughout North America, and globally as needed. Our Environmental Compliance & Sustainability – Consulting and Management Specialist careers provide you with an opportunity to work with the oil and gas industry to provide environmental compliance solutions that add value to leading companies in the industry. The successful candidate will have experience in regulatory compliance, environmental management, and EHS auditing. The ideal candidate will also have environmental management information systems (EMIS) experience and exposure to different EMIS software.
Each day, as part of our Environmental Compliance & Sustainability Consulting and Management services team you will be the face of CH2M HILL as you lead multi-discipline teams of client and consulting staff in developing enterprise environmental information solutions.
You should be a self-motivated professional with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in a consulting industrial multimedia (i.e. air, water/waste water, waste management) environment, capable of demonstrating a history of expanding work areas with existing clients and growing new productive relationships, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each environmental compliance & sustainability consulting and management specialist job.
Our Environmental Compliance & Sustainability Consulting and Management Specialists:
- Demonstrate project execution success on EHS compliance projects for industrial clients including implementation of work plans, setting budgets, and developing project schedules as well as proven experience in being a part of technical teams to develop sustainable EHS solutions with clients.
- Assist the client in defining environmental solutions that add business value to the company’s organization.
- Manage the delivery of project elements involving EHS compliance assurance strategies, compliance auditing, permitting and design of associated work processes.
- Utilize their strong EHS background in the areas of environmental management systems, multi-media (air, water, waste) compliance, climate change, and sustainability.
- Have a working knowledge of federal and provincial regulations that pertain to industrial plants (chemical, petroleum refining, power generation, general manufacturing, etc)
- Have the ability to interact frequently with existing clients while build new relationships and network with client organizations, participate in technical seminars and conferences including delivery of technical presentations
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of CH2M HILL’s EHS consulting and management practice, mentoring junior-level staff and stewarding client satisfaction
- 5 years experience in conducting multi-media audits (e.g., air quality, waste management, water quality, hazardous materials)
- Facility operations and processes (various)
- Environmental Management Systems (conducting audits, implementation, etc.)
- Experience with building EHS management and regulatory compliance solutions for clients.
- BS or BA in Engineering or Environmental Sciences including but not limited to, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineer and Environmental Engineering.
- Excellent skills related to analysis and application of rules and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Proficiency in use of online regulatory searches
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
What You Will Find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.