Environment and Natural Resource Specialist (Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA) -Tetra Tech ARD
Tetra Tech ARD, has an immediate home office staff opening for a qualified specialist in the following areas: Global Climate Change (Adaptation), Forestry (REDD/REDD Plus), Coastal and Fisheries Management and NRM-related Food Security (tied to Feed the Future), and environmental compliance. This specialist will join Tetra Tech ARD’s Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will work on both program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. It is essential that candidates demonstrate prior proficiency with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either the non-profit or for-profit field of international development. Candidates should be interested in career development opportunities that lead to overseas assignments and senior home-office roles.
This position will be preferably based in Tetra Tech ARD’s home office in Burlington, Vermont or possibly its satellite office in Arlington, Virginia.
- A full portfolio of professional services in support of Tetra Tech ARD’s ENR practice areas. These include: new business development (marketing and proposal development), contract oversight and management, and strong financial management oversight.
- Design and contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance;
- Contributing to corporate strategic planning and business opportunity development at Tetra Tech ARD and more broadly with the TT family of business units.
- Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in a natural resource or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
- Graduate degree in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, or ecology or other related field;
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional experience, including at least 3-5 years of work experience overseas with strong client, supervisor and peer recommendations;
- Long-term project implementation experience;
- Previous experience managing integrated teams (e.g., Project Director, Chief of Party, Country Director or Team Leader);
- Demonstrated writing ability and previous successful proposal development experience responding to USAID and USG procurements;
- Functional competency in at least one major foreign language is essential (preferred languages include Spanish and French);
- High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Demonstrated strengths in multi-tasking and with team work;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
- This position requires frequent short-term international field work (30% – 50%);
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Please visit Tetra Tech ARD’s website to apply.