Ecuity Consulting LLP is a growing consultancy specialising in strategy, regulation, policy and politics affecting the sustainable energy sector in the UK and in the EU.
Ecuity Consulting LLP works with political and business leaders to develop policies which will contribute to a transition to a low carbon economy. The implication of emerging political and regulatory frameworks for sustainable energy can be vital to commercial propositions.
Clients include energy suppliers, global manufacturers and the cleantech investment community. We also help shape policy frameworks through tailored influencing campaigns and close co-operation with government.
As the business continues to grow, we are looking to appoint an Economic Analyst to work full time from our office in Knowle, near Solihull.
The successful applicant will be an experienced economic analyst able to demonstrate understanding of financial economics, microeconomics and project finance, ideally within the sustainable energy sector. A high degree of numeracy and confidence with data manipulation is essential. Good familiarity with econometric techniques would be an advantage. You will assess the economic viability of both individual projects and the overall policy framework for energy efficiency and distributed energy sectors. Furthermore, proposed policies will be measured in terms of the efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the UK Carbon Budget targets.
- Experience: Excellent analytical/quantitative skills to conduct financial appraisal of business models and macro level analysis of the likely impact of Government policy on markets. Understanding of the economic viability of various renewable electricity and heating technologies and energy efficiency measures, both small and large scale is an advantage.
- Modelling skills: demonstrated skills in using statistical applications such as MS Excel. The ability to turn complex models into toolkits which are easily accessible by non-specialists is an integral part of this role. Programming knowledge and skills such as VBA will be advantageous.
- Academic background: relevant postgraduate degree in economics or business administration with heavy element of relevant economics modules.
- Strong writing skills: the ability to convert complex issues into easily understood discourse.
- Communication skills: the ability to explain the output of the analysis to non-specialists as well as to specialists.
- Highly organised and flexible: The nature of our work requires an ability to handle competing priorities/deadlines and the flexibility to cope with occasional anti-social working hours (typically evenings rather than weekends) and regular travel to London.
- Teamwork: You will be expected to work co-operatively with our research team, other consultants and Partners, often leading projects that involve input from colleagues at all levels within the business. A successful team player is therefore required.
For more information on this position, click here