Job ID: CIM_102, Expires: October 31, 2011
Director Asset Management – Carbon & Clean Energy
In this role you will act as Managing Director of First Climate Asset Management S.A., a company licensed and supervised by the financial regulator of Luxembourg. Reporting to the Board Member responsible for the department, you will lead our investment advisory and administration services for First Climate’s growing suite of carbon funds, currently comprising EUR 215 m in assets under management. You will also lead the structuring, distribution and management of new fund products focused on carbon and clean energy investments.
- General Management of First Climate Asset Management S.A., Luxembourg (Administrateur-délégué)
- Investment advisory and administration services for our Climate Change Investment Funds
- In close cooperation with our Project Finance and Sales & Trading Departments, lead the structuring of new carbon and clean energy funds and support capital raising
- Represent First Climate as Investment Advisor in decision making bodies of the fund portfolio
- Ensure investment decisions are prepared in line with investment policies and constitutional documents
- Review and approve risk management, hedging and divestment decisions
- Contribute to regular and ad hoc reporting to investors, authorities, auditors and media
- Lead a small, interdisciplinary team of experienced and highly motivated experts
You can demonstrate at least 5-7 years experience in the asset management sector with a focus private equity and / or infrastructure finance. Experience in carbon markets is an advantage. You have a good grasp of the financial regulations of Luxembourg. You are familiar with emerging markets and possess a track record of investments as well as solid network in the industry. You are proficient in assessing financial models and risk management techniques and are able to work and negotiate in the infrastructure and energy sectors. You are a highly self-motivated and communicative individual with several years experience in leading a team. Proficiency in English is a must; working knowledge in two other languages is an advantage (one being German).