The Nature Conservancy offers GLOBE internships in the following areas: Conservation/Environmental Studies, Science, Information Technology (Computer Science), Marketing/Business, Marketing (Photo editing/Production Assistant), Communications, MBA Finance, Policy, Government Relations, Audit, and Philanthropy.
- Assist in the collection of field data for marine conservation projects designed to create subtidal and intertidal oyster reef habitat in Mississippi bays. Types of collected data include metrics associated with fish and invertebrate sampling, water quality, and oyster monitoring. Data collection will be conducted from land and from boat.
- Manage collected data and assist in the writing and presentation of annual report.
- Assist in the collection GIS and spatial Data.
- Assist in the photo documentation of projects.
- Participate in outreach associated with Marine Program, typically 2-3 events on Saturdays.
- Although primary duties will include work with the Mississippi Chapter of TNC, there will be opportunity to work and assist the Alabama Chapter of TNC with similar coastal projects.
- If GIS experienced, will assist in the redesign of the Mississippi Marine Program GIS database. Adhere to Mississippi TNC Safety Guidelines.
For more information and to apply, click here.