International Hydropower Association
- Role : Climate Specialist
- Location : London
- Salary : Subject to candidate’s experience.
The International Hydropower Association has a vacancy for a Climate Specialist. IHA is a not for profit mutual association of public and private organizations, with a mission to advance sustainable hydropower.
It has its central office based in southwest London, UK, with a national office in China and a regional office in South America. IHA works with various partners, including: UN/intergovernmental agencies, governments, private-sector, lending agencies, research institutions and the NGO community.
The IHA Climate Specialist will report to the IHA Programme Director, and his/her responsibility will be to build on existing knowledge and networks to further the Association’s understanding in the following areas:
• Climate-change impact on hydrological systems
• GHG footprint of hydropower
• hydropower’s contribution to offsetting GHG emissions
• the role of water infrastructure in climate-change adaptation
• investment incentives for clean-energy, mitigation and adaptation projects
The IHA Climate Specialist will have direct work/research experience in one or more of the above, and will have:
• an existing network of contacts in the climate-change area
• an understanding of hydropower
• strong literature-review and synthesis skills
• a strategic approach to progressing knowledge and prioritizing effort
• an ability to work independently, but also to support other team members on specific tasks
• excellent communication skills, including report writing and oral presentation
• good organizational skills in terms of convening meetings and producing documentation
The position is open to candidates eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Based at the Association’s central office, the role will involve occasional international travel.
Applications should include a formal CV and letter setting out the case for the candidate’s suitability for the position in relation to the areas of responsibility and required skills itemized above. An indication of the candidate’s current remuneration package/expectation is also required.
Applications should be addressed to Mr Cameron Ironside, IHA Programme Director
The subject field should read: IHA Climate Specialist.
Candidates are encouraged to apply without delay, applications will be processed until such time that the position is filled.
Closing Date for applicants
until vacancy filled – early applications are encouraged
Contact Details : Mr Cameron Ironside
Email : email@example.com
Web Address : http://www.hydropower.org